Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We've been here for One Year...

I can't believe that we have already been in Fargo for a year. The time has gone so fast. It feels like we were just leaving California. Joshua and I were chit chatting last night about how crazy it seems. And even crazier that chances are we will be moving from here with in the next year and a half. I guess that is just something we will get used to if the LORD should show Joshua that he is to stay in the military. So many things have changed over the past year. We have Titus and the girls are getting so big. Often I catch my self thinking about when I first got saved and then Joshua and how we found out the next day that we were going to have our first baby. My oh my the time goes so fast. It reminds me of the verse " Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor , that appereth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14... It has been such a blessing to be close to family for the past year. Although we do miss California. After all we spent almost 5 years there. I am sure that it will be hard to leave here when the time comes. The LORD has shown me a lot over the past year. Like how to enjoy the stage of life that we are in while we are in it. So that we may look back with no regrets. I found my self when I first moved here just wanting to go back to California and not being content with where he had led us. I am truly thankful that we have been able to come to North Dakota. It is amazing what you will find if you just sit back and let the LORD show you. It has made my life's verse all the more true "Also I heard the voice of the LORD, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8.. I have learned to rejoice more in the trials than ever before and I a grateful for that. I once heard a preacher say "you always learn the most while your in the valleys not on the mountain tops." And how true that is. We are enjoying the fact that we are only four hours from family, for we know that we will probably never be stationed this close again. I have to admit I do miss the beach. Never the less it has been an amazing year here in Fargo. With the Valleys and The Mountain tops.

Love,
The Browns






No comments: