Thursday, October 1, 2009

Encouragement from the WORD.....


Have you ever had a bad day as a parent? I guess no matter how much you love being a parent you are bound to have a day like this :) Where you feel like everything you do is wrong. You may say something that you shouldn't or act a certain way that is not pleasing unto the LORD. Well today I have had one of those day. Praise the LORD he is quick to show us our faults and how to change them and that he is forever merciful. I quickly asked our older girls if they wanted to pray with Mommy, and they did. We had an amazing moment together in prayer and supplication with the LORD. And we were able to start anew. (I just LOVE being a Mother) Then I was reminded of some encouraging verses that I read in my devotion this morning. That God is always good and his judgements are righteous. That everything around us shows forth his goodness and Love towards his creation :) I hope that one or more of these verses may encourage you in your day and that you may see the light of the LORD and his awesome glory!!!

"THE heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handy work."
Psalm 19:1

"The law of the LORD is perfect converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple"
Psalm 19:7

"The fear of the LORD is clean enduring for ever: the judgements of the LORD are true and righteous altogether."
Psalm 19:9

"Lead me in thy truth and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day"
Psalm 25:5

With Love,
Brittany

No comments: