Monday, July 13, 2009

Word of encouragement...

Today I got a very pleasant surprise. A call from one of our close friends Beverly Weiss. It was so good to hear from her because it has been about two months now since the last time we have talked. Her and her husband are on a three month mission trip to Botswana Africa. They are amazing people. I was thinking a lot today about the comforts that we have here in America and how we seem to just rush through our day. How many sermons have we heard on slowing down and letting God lead. It was such an encouragement to me to talk to her. Even though she is some what home sick she is still loving doing the LORD'S work. She is pregnant and sleeping on an air mattress for three months. What a tremendous encouragement she was to me...She is being selfless so that others can hear the good news of our LORD and savior. Bringing them hope in such a troubled land. My prayer for my self is that I will not forget how blessed we truly are to live in the land of the Free.

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."
Psalm 4:11

No comments: